The other day while I was surfing food blogs I had the food network on in the background and they had a really nice sounding Mushroom Lasagna on that I had to try.
- 1 package lasagne noodles (gluten free for gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms (portabello, shiitake, etc)
- 2 servings Bechamel Sauce (gluten free for gluten free)
- 2 cups parmigiano-reggiano (grated)
- Cook the noodles as directed on the package. (Add a splash of oil to the water to prevent sticking.)
- Saute the mushrooms in the butter.
- Preheat the over to 375 degrees F.
- Spread some of the bechamel sauce on the bottom of an 8 inch by 8 inch baking dish. Place a layer of noodles on top, then more sauce, then a third of the mushrooms, and 1/4 cup of the grated parmigiano-reggiano. Repeat 2 more times. Top the final layer of noodles and sauce, and the remaining parmigiano-reggiano.
- Bake the lasagna for about 45 minutes. The top should be a bit browned the sauce should be bubbling.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 or so minutes and serve hot.