It has been a while since I have done a Focaccia bread. This time I thought that I would make it a meal in and of itself with lots of toppings. Grilled chicken, roasted red peppers and feta sounded like it would do the trick. It was pretty good even though most of the toppings kept falling off.
The Focaccia Bread:
2 cups flour
1 pinch sugar
1 pinch salt
1 tablespoon yeast
1 cup warm water
1 teaspoon olive oil
1. Mix everything & knead.
2. Let rest (covered) in a warm place until it doubles in size.
3. Knock it down and flatten it out.
4. Place on a baking sheat with sprinkled with cornmeal to prevent sticking.
5. Let rise a second time.
6. Brush the olive oil on top of the bread.
7. Bake in a preheated 350 oven for about 10 minutes.
8. Add the toppings and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
1 lemon (juice and zest)
2 tablespoons dill (chopped)
1 small chicken breast
1 roasted red pepper (cut into bit sized pieces)
1 ounce feta (crumbled)
1. Marinate the chicken in the lemon and dill for about a half an hour.
2. Grill the chicken.
3. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.