This is simple texmex spiced chicken that can be used in many dishes such as tacos, burritos, enchiladas, quesadillas, etc.
1 small chicken
1 tablespoon oil
1 small onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 cup tomato puree
salt and pepper to taste
1. Rinse the chicken.
2. Place chicken in a pot and cover with water.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
4. Shred the chicken. (Forks work well for this.)
5. Heat the oil in a pan.
5. Add the onions and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
6. Add the garlic, chili and cumin and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
7. Add the shredded chicken, oregano, tomato sauce, salt and pepper and cook for 5-10 minutes.
Texmex Seasoned Ground Beef
Taco Seasoned Ground Beef