When I was at the market this weekend I heard that it was almost the end of the asparagus season in Ontario. I have been enjoying the local asparagus for the last few weeks. I tried a few new recipes and a few of my favorites. This new recipe quickly became one of my favorites this year. The golden crusty parmigiano reggiano with the bitter and slightly sweet balsamic vinegar on the oven roasted asparagus is an amazing combination.
Roasted Asparagus Crusted with Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (grated)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Place the asparagus in a single layer on a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the parmigiano reggiano on the asparagus.
- Place in a preheated 400F oven until cooked. (about 10 minutes)
- Place the asparagus on a serving plate and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.