I was intrigued by this recipe for Zha Jiang Mian. I searched the internet and took a look at a few other recipes for the dish and came up with a this one. This recipe seems to be fairly similar to Mabo Tofu. (Which I will have to make again sometime soon.) The sauce was a nice mixture of sweet, hot and spicy. I used spaghetti noodles this time but next time I might try udon noodles.
Zha Jiang Mian on Spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (minced)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons hoisen sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili and garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
- 1 tablespoons hsiao xing
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 1 serving noodles (cooked)
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add ginger and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add pork and break it up.
- Add hoisen sauce, hsiao xing, black bean sauce, chili sauce and honey.
- Finish browning the pork.
- Add the green onions and remove from heat.
- Place the sauce on the noodles and add toppings.