When I was at the market I saw some nice looking local apricots and I remembered seeing this really good looking dish. I noticed a problem almost immediately. The recipe was in mass rather than volume... I found a site that had conversions for standard ingredients and came up with what follows. Overall it turned out pretty good. On the down side, the crust seemed a bit heavy... On the up side the apricots tasted amazing. They added a really nice tartness. I really liked the way that the syrup was infused with the apricot flavour. Vanilla ice cream added a nice creaminess.
2 cups Flour
1/2 cup butter (chilled & grated)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon water
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
8 apricots (cut into halves)
1. Mix the flour, salt and butter with your fingers in a bowl.
2. Add the egg and water and mix with your fingers until it forms a ball of dough.
3. Wrap the dough in plastic and place chill for 30 minutes.
4. Place the apricot halves face down in a baking dish.
5. Bake in a pre-heated 400F oven for 15 minutes.
6. Melt the sugar in a pan.
7. Add the butter and cook until caramelized.
8. Pour the syrup over the apricots and bake for another 15 minutes.
9. Roll the dough out and form it to fit in your pan.
10. Place the dough on top of the apricots.
11. Bake for another 30 minutes.
Golden Beet Tatin with Goat Cheese