I could not let strawberry season go by without doing strawberry and rhubarb something. Strawberries and rhubarb are a classic combination. The sweetness of the strawberries goes really well with the tartness of the rhubarb. I decided to go with a rolled oats crumble. You cannot go wrong with rolled oats, brown sugar and butter. It was really tasty. Vanilla ice cream went well with it.
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups strawberries (cleaned, hulled, quartered)
2 cups rhubarb (sliced into 1 inch pieces)
2/3 cup flour
2/3 cup rolled oats
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup butter (melted)
1. Mix the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in a large bowl.
2. Add the strawberries and rhubarb and toss to coat.
3. Mix the flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter in a large bowl bowl.
4. Place the strawberry and rhubarb mixture into an 8x8 inch baking dish and pour the topping on.
5. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until it is bubbling and the top is golden brown, about 45 minutes.
Strawberry and Rhubarb Oatmeal Crumble Bars
Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
Mango and Rhubarb Crumble
Apple Crisp with Amaretto
Pear and Cranberry Crumble
Mango Crisp with Macadamia Nut Crust
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Apple Rhubarb Crisp