One of the nice things about miso soup is that you can use whatever ingredients are in season at the time. With zucchini or courgettes in season now, I have been enjoying zucchini and onion miso soup with my breakfasts.
Zucchini and Onion Miso Soup
- 1 cup dashi
- 1 small zucchini (sliced)
- 1 small onion (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- Bring the dashi, zucchini and onion to a boil in a small sauce pan.
- Simmer until the zucchini and onion are cooked.
- Remove from heat.
- Dissolve the miso with some of the heated dashi in a separate bowl. (We do not want to boil the miso as it will not taste as good.)
- Add the miso back to the soup.
- Pour the soup into a bowl and top with green onion.