This is a basic pizza dough. It has a nice crispy crust and a soft inside. If you place cornmeal under the dough it helps to prevent it from sticking to the baking dish.
Basic Pizza Dough
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 handful cornmeal (optional)
- Mix the yeast and warm water in a bowl and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add everything else and mix until it forms a dough.
- Cover and let sit until it doubles in size, about 30 minutes.
- On a well floured surface form the dough into a flat circle.
- Transfer the dough to a baking pan with cornmeal spread over it.
- Top with toppings and bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.