It is getting near the end of the week and I was looking into cleaning out my fridge. Among other things I had a half an aubergine, a half of a roasted red pepper, some marinara sauce and some goats cheese. I remembered seeing a photo of some stacked eggplant slices and decided to make an eggplant tower. I really like grilled eggplant so I grilled the eggplant slices first. It turned out pretty good though it was a bit light. The eggplant that I had was rather small and there was not enough left for a second so I added a salad to complete the meal.
Grilled Eggplant and Goats Cheese Tower
- 2 slices of eggplant (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 ounces goats cheese
- 1 roasted red pepper (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Broil the eggplant slices until golden brown, about 7 minutes per side.
- Mix the goats cheese, roaster red pepper and parsley.
- Place the marinara sauce on the bottom of a baking pan.
- Place one slice of eggplant on the marinara sauce.
- Place half of the goats cheese mixture on top of the eggplant.
- Place the other slice of eggplant on the goats cheese mixture.
- Top with the remaining goats cheese mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven for 10-15 minutes.
Note: You can broil a fresh red pepper at the same time as the eggplant if you do not have roasted red pepper.