Saganaki is a really tasty of fried cheese snack. Halloumi or kasseri cheese is fried in butter and lemon. When the cheese is fried it takes a really nice texture. The outside is crispy and the inside is warm and chewy. It has a really nice salty and lemony flavour.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound Halloumi cheese (sliced about 1/4 inch thick)
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 1/2 ounce ouzo (optional)
- Melt the butter in a nonstick pan.
- Add the cheese and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Pour the lemon juice and ouzo onto the cheese and remove from heat.