While I was looking for recipes with kimchi I came across My Korean Kitchen which is a great site with a lot of good looking Korean recipes. The first dish that caught my attention was this one for soba and kimchi salad . This salad is really good! I have already had it twice! The noodles in the salad are served cold and the kimchi and the dressing add a spicy heat making this a perfect summer dish. The salad has a nice mixture of textures from the soft and chewy noodles to the crisp and crunchy carrots and cucumbers.
Bibim Guksu (Soba and Kimchi Salad)
- 1 serving soba noodles
- 2 leaves of lettuce (thinly sliced)
- 1 leaf of red cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 2 inches of cucumber (julienned)
- 2 inches of carrot (julienned)
- 1 tablespoon kimchi
- 1 tablespoon gochujang dressing
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (toasted)
- Cook the soba noodles.
- Rinse the soba noodles under cold water until the noodles are cool.
- Place the noodles in a bowl.
- Add the lettuce, cabbage, cucumber, carrots and kimchi to the bowl.
- Pour the dressing on the salad.