I have been meaning to try this recipe for asparagus crepes with mushroom and dill sauce for a while now but the though of making crepes had been putting me off. I thought that crepes would be difficult to make but they turned out to be pretty easy. This recipe includes a lot of my favorites like asparagus, mushrooms, dill and lemon. I made sure to brown the mushrooms to give them more flavour. It turned out pretty good. It made a terrific light snack.
1 tablespoon butter
1 onions (sliced)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
4 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
1 tablespoon flour
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons dill (chopped)
1/2 teaspoon tarragon (chopped)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
4 crepes (still warm from the pan)
1. Heat the butter in a pan.
2. Add the onions and saute until translucent.
3. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant.
4. Add the mushrooms and saute until golden brown.
5. Add the flour and mix.
6. Add the milk and simmer to reduce to a thick sauce.
7. Add the dill, tarragon, lemon juice, salt and pepper and remove from heat.
8. Boil the asparagus until just tender.
9. Place 3 pieces of asparagus in the crepe, top with some sauce, roll the crepe up and top with some more sauce.
Ham, Egg and Gruyere Crepes with Maple Syrup
Take a look at the Weekend Herb Blogging roundup at Once Upon a Tart.