I had been putting off making crepes because I thought they were difficult to make. I decided to try making them and they turned out to be pretty easy. A small no-stick pan and a thin spatula that could get under the edge of the crepe to turn it over came in pretty handy. They are pretty good all by themselves when still warm from the pan though they are normally stuffed with goodies. I look forward to trying more recipes with crepes in the future.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes Servings: 4
Light, paper thin crepes just waiting to be filled with something tasty.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Mix everything in a large bowl.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the mixture into a lightly buttered pan heated at medium.
- Tilt the pan and turn so that the mixture evenly coats the entire bottom of the pan.
- Cook the crepe until golden brown on the bottom, about 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook the other side until golden brown.