And another fig post. I have been keeping an eye out for fig recipes and when this one for "Parmesan Stuffed Figs with Balsamic Reduction" was posted, I tried it right away. I still had some gorgonzola cheese so I replaced the parmesan with the gorgonzola. This one was pretty good. I was a bit worried that the figs would get too cooked before the cheese melted but the cheese melted and the figs were not too warm. The balsamic reduction added a nice sour and sweet touch.
Figs Stuffed with Gorgonzola
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- gorgonzola cheese
- Simmer the balsamic vinegar in a small sauce pan until it reduces to half the original volume.
- Slice the figs open on the top.
- Stuff a piece of gorgonzola cheese into the sliced open fig.
- Broil the figs until the cheese melts, about 4 minutes.
- Place the figs onto the serving dish and drizzle some of the balsamic reduction onto them.
- Add some slices of prosciutto to the serving dish.