I came across this recipe a while ago but roma tomatoes were not in season so I bookmarked it so that I could try it later. Now that roma tomatoes are in season I got to try it. I replaced the chervil in the original recipe with basil leaves and left them whole rather than mixing them up with the cheese. It takes a bit of time to oven roast the tomatoes but otherwise this recipe is really simple. The zucchini wraps were really good and with oven roasted tomatoes and goats cheese how could they not?
3 roma tomatoes (cut in half)
1 teaspoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 zucchini (sliced thinly)
6 basil leaves
2 ounces goats cheese
1. Toss the tomatoes in the oil, salt and pepper.
2. Place the tomatoes cut side up on a baking pan.
3. Bake the tomatoes in a preheated 325F oven for an hour.
4. Grill the zucchini slices.
5. Wrap the tomatoes, basil and goats cheese in the zucchini slices.