A while ago I came across this recipe which sounded really interesting. It is a pasta dish with eggplant, balsamic vinegar, goats cheese and mint. What a combination! I would never have thought to put those flavours together. I was a bit surprised to see the mint in a savory dish. I decided to only melt in half of the cheese and just crumble the remaining cheese over the pasta. It turned out pretty good. Oven roasted eggplant is always good. The balsamic vinegar and goats cheese went well together and the mint added a nice freshness to the dish. Mint seems to be more versatile than I thought.
Penne with Oven Roasted Eggplant, Goats Cheese and Mint
- 1 small eggplant (sliced 1/2 inches thick)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leaves mint (thinly sliced)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ounce goats cheese
- 1 serving penne
- Broil the eggplant until golden brown on both sides, about 7 minutes per side.
- Cook the pasta.
- Mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mint, and red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Chop the eggplant into bite sized pieces.
- Mix the pasta, eggplant, and cheese.
- Heat until the cheese is melted and add the dressing and serve.