There were a lot of apples at the farmers market on the weekend and I got a bunch of them. I have been enjoying snacking on them but I also wanted to cook with them. I came across a recipe for pork chops with apple, sage and pancetta in Taste Italia magazine that sounded pretty tasty. Pork and apples go well together and you just can't go wrong by adding some salty pancetta. The use o sage also cought my eye as I have been enjoying sage lately. All said and done the dish was easy to make and pretty tasty.
Pork Chop with Apple, Sage and Pancetta
- 2 ounces pancetta (chopped)
- 2 apples (grated)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 pork chops
- 6 sage leaves
- 1 glass white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Fry the pancetta in a pan until it starts to crisp.
- Mix in the apple and set aside.
- Heat the oil in the pan.
- Add the pork chops and sage and cook until the pork chops are golden brown on both sides.
- Add the wine and deglaze the pan.
- Add the butter and put the lid on the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the pancetta and apple and and cook for 5 minutes.