I am still on my hummus kick. Hummus is such a simple and tasty snack. You can make it plain or you can add whatever extra flavours you want. This time I was inspired by this recipe for olive hummus . I used sun dried olives in mine as they were what I had on hand. This one took a bit more effort as I had to remove the pits from the olives before adding them to the food processor. Add some toasted whole wheat pita triangles for a tasty and fairly healthy snack.
Sun Dried Olive Hummus
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1/2 cup sun dried olives (pitted)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- olive oil to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley to taste (chopped, optional)
- Puree everything in a food processor until smooth. Add some water (or more olive oil) to bring it to the consistency that you like.
- Serve garnished with chopped parsley and olive oil to taste.