I am glad that I have some leftover soup to eat tonight. It is about 8pm and I just got back from the dentist. I had 2 filling removed and redone. My mouth is still numb all over. Eating should be interesting.
I have been wanting to make biscuits for a while now. I have seen a lot of great posts on biscuits and I decided to use this one for buttermilk biscuits as my base. I made these the other day to go with the Cauliflower and White Cheddar Soup with Dill soup. Since I had the white cheddar cheese and the dill on hand, I decided to add them to the biscuits. They turned out really good! The cheese and dill worked well with the biscuit. I really enjoyed the aroma in the kitchen when I made them. There are so many different things that you can do with biscuits. I think I will be making biscuits again in the near future.
Buttermilk Biscuits with Cheddar and Dill
- 1 1/4 cup cake flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cups butter (grated)
- 2/3 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons dill (chopped)
- Mix the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Mix in the butter and work with your fingers until it resembles course crumbs.
- Mix in the cheddar cheese.
- Add the butter milk and dill and mix until the dough forms a ball.
- Knead the dough dough on a floured surface until it is nicely blended.
- Pat the dough down until it is about an inch thick.
- Cut the biscuits out of the dough and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake the biscuits in a preheated 500F oven until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.