For my second dish with cauliflower I thought that I would go with the classic cauliflower gratin. I don't think you can really go wrong with smothering a vegetable in becamel sauce, covering it with cheese and baking it until golden brown on top. It is really easy and nice and tasty. I saw a few recipes that called for the addition of bits of ham or topping it with breadcrumbs. Both of these additions sound good and I will have to try them.
- 1 head cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 1 serving bechamel sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cheese (shredded)
- Boil the cauliflower until just tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower and place in a baking dish.
- Pour the bechamel sauce over the cauliflower and top with the cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until golden brown on top.