A while ago I was looking for recipes with rapini (otherwise known as broccoli rabe) and I came across this one for "Orecchiette with Italian Sausage and Rapini" that sounded good. The recipe contains the rapini which I wanted to use, Italian sausage which I really like and orecchiette pasta which looked interesting. The recipe sat in my "to try" list for a while. The other day I came across some orecchiette at the grocery store and it reminded me of this recipe. It was pretty good and it was easy to make. The rapini was a bit bitter but it went well with the spiciness of the Italian sausage and the parmigiano reggiano.
1/2 bunch rapini (trimmed and cut into bite sized pieces)
2 Italian sausage (casings removed, crumbled)
1 teaspoon oil
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 cup white wine
2 servings pasta (cooked)
salt and pepper to taste
parmigiano reggiano (grated)
1. Boil the rapini in water for 1 minute, drain and set aside.
2. Saute the sausage in a pan until cooked.
3. Clear some space in the pan and add the oil, garlic and red pepper flakes and saute until the garlic is fragrant.
4. Add the wine and deglaze the bottom of the pan.,
5. Add the rapini, pasta, salt and pepper and heat for a few minutes.
Pasta with Italian Sausage, Roasted Red Peppers, Olives and Goat Cheese
Take a look at the Presto Pasta Nights roundup at Once Upon a Feast.