I have been seeing some interesting raviolis lately and I though that I would use some of my leftover pumpkin puree in a ravioli. I searched around a bit and I found a few pumpkin ravioli recipes. Some used ricotta cheese and others used parmesan cheese. I had some cream cheese in the fridge and decided to go with that. I wanted the pumpkin to be center stage so I went with a light cumin seasoning. I have yet to try making my own pasta and I do not have any pasta making tools so I though I would just go with wonton wrappers. I recently tried and liked sage fried in butter and I though I would go with a browned butter and sage sauce. When sage is fried in butter it gets nice and crispy and it is full of flavour. Overall this was a pretty quick and tasty meal. I really need to get around to trying to make my own pasta from scratch.
Pumpkin and Cream Cheese Ravioli in Sage and Butter Sauce
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- wonton wrappers (gluten free for gluten free)
- 2 tablespoon butter
- a few sage leaves
- Mix the pumpkin, cream cheese, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Place 1 teaspoon of filling on a wonton wrapper. Wet the outside edge of the wonton wrapper with water. Fold the wonton over and press the edges together firmly to seal.
- Boil the ravioli for 2-3 minutes to cook.
- Melt the butter in a pan with the sage.
- Cook the butter until it browns and remove from heat immediately.
- Toss the ravioli and sauce and serve.