I have been seeing some interesting raviolis lately and I though that I would use some of my leftover pumpkin puree in a ravioli. I searched around a bit and I found a few pumpkin ravioli recipes. Some used ricotta cheese and others used parmesan cheese. I had some cream cheese in the fridge and decided to go with that. I wanted the pumpkin to be center stage so I went with a light cumin seasoning. I have yet to try making my own pasta and I do not have any pasta making tools so I though I would just go with wonton wrappers. I recently tried and liked sage fried in butter and I though I would go with a browned butter and sage sauce. When sage is fried in butter it gets nice and crispy and it is full of flavour. Overall this was a pretty quick and tasty meal. I really need to get around to trying to make my own pasta from scratch.
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
1/2 teaspoon cumin
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoon butter
a few sage leaves
1. Mix the pumpkin, cream cheese, cumin, salt and pepper.
2. Place 1 teaspoon of filling on a wonton wrapper. Wet the outside edge of the wonton wrapper with water. Fold the wonton over and press the edges together firmly to seal.
3. Boil the ravioli for 2-3 minutes to cook.
4. Melt the butter in a pan with the sage.
5. Cook the butter until it browns and remove from heat immediately.
6. Toss the ravioli and sauce and serve.
Butternut Squash, Italian Sausage and Sage Pasta
Penne with Pumpkin and Sage Sauce
Caramelized Pumpkin and Gorgonzola Salad
Pumpkin Mac n Cheese with Amaretti Crust
Take a look at Presto Pasta Nights at Once Upon a Feast.