The other day I came across a recipe for shrimp tacos which sounded really interesting. The use of shrimp in tacos sounded like a refreshing change from the standard ground beef tacos. I am always looking for ways to fit more prawns into my meal plan and shrimp tacos was a perfect excuse. The shrimp tacos were pretty tasty and the recipe was really easy and quick. I placed some salsa verde and cilantro in the tacos. You could also add any other tacos toppings like shredded cheese, sour cream, etc.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (ground)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 pound shrimp
- 4 large tortillas (corn tortillas for gluten free)
- salad greens
- salsa verde
- 1 lime (sliced)
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the cumin and chili powder and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30-60 seconds.
- Add the shrimp and saute until cooked, about 1-3 minutes per side.
- Place the salad greens, cilantro, salsa verde and shrimp in the tortilla.