I have really been enjoying brussels sprouts this season and I wanted to include them in one of my holiday dinners. I can't believe that it took me so long to try roasting brussels sprouts in the oven. I have yet to meet a vegetable that does not taste better after roasting in the oven. I tried roasting some brussels sprouts tossed in oil, salt and pepper before the holidays and they were really good. Even with such simple seasoning they were easily my favorite way of preparing brussels sprouts. For my holiday dinner brussels sprouts I decided to jazz them up a bit and I found a recipe for roasted brussels sprouts with balsamic vinegar, toasted pine nuts and parmigiano reggiano . They turned out pretty good. The balsamic vinegar added a nice sweetness and the pine nuts added a nice creamy texture.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar, Pine Nuts and Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 pound brussels sprouts (trimmed, cleaned and halved)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts (toasted)
- 1 tablespoon parmigiano reggiano (grated or shaved)
- Toss the brussels sprouts in the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Roast in a preheated 400F/200C oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Serve with pine nuts and parmigiano reggiano garnish.