Over the last few weeks I saw a lot of amazing chocolate desserts that had me craving chocolate. Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts and I have not had one in a while. I thought that a chocolate cheesecake would be the perfect finish to my weekend steak dinner. I decided to go with a chocolate graham wafer crust and drizzle the cheesecake with a chocolate sauce for lots of chocolate goodness. The chocolate cheesecake turned out really well. It was nice and rich and creamy and decadently chocolaty. It really hit the spot.
Decadently cream chocolate cheesecake made in individually sized spring form pans that are perfect for a romantic dinner for two.
Servings: makes 2 individual (3 inch) cheesecakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 1 hours 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3.5 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix the graham wafer cookie crumbs, cocoa powder, sugar and butter.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of two 3 inch spring form pans.
- Melt the chocolate into the heavy cream in a double boiler.
- Cream the cream cheese and sugar.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into the spring form pans.
- Bake in a preheated 325F oven until it is set, about 50 minutes.
This chocolate sauce is super easy to make at home and it makes the chocolate cheesecake even more chocolaty!
Servings: makes 1/4 cup
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 ounce dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Melt the chocolate into the corn syrup and heavy cream in a double boiler.
- Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the cheesecake.
Note: This recipe makes enough for 2, 3 inch, spring form pans. Triple the recipe for an 8 inch spring form pan and quadruple the recipe for a 10 inch spring form pan.