It seems that I have not been do much with potatoes lately. I had been wanting to try making my own garlic mashed potatoes for a while and I thought: What better to go with the steak dinner that I was having? Making the garlic mashed potatoes took a bit of effort but it was certainly worth it. The roasted garlic mashed potatoes turned out really well! They were so creamy and good. The flavour of the sweet roasted garlic was just amazing. These were easily the best mashed potatoes that I have had. I will definitely be making these again.
Creamy Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream or cream cheese or Greek yogurt
- milk to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes until fork tender, about 20-30 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes.
- Mash the potatoes along with the garlic, butter, sour, cream cheese and enough milk to bring the potatoes to the desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with roasted garlic, chopped parsley, chives green onions, etc.