Back in December I made a sweet potato casserole that I really enjoyed. The sweet potato casserole was mashed sweet potatoes baked with a pecan topping. I really liked the sweet potato and pecan combination. More recently I came across a recipe for a sweet potato bread with a pecan praline sauce that sounded really good. With pecans in the sweet potato bread and a pecan topping there was no way that I could not make this bread. This quick bread was super simple to make. The sweet potato bread with praline sauce was so good! Of course I could not resist having a slice while it was still warm from the oven... mmm... The bread was light and fluffy and it had just the right amount of sweetness to it. It has kept well and I have been enjoying it for breakfast this week. I will definitely be making this again!
I had been wondering what praline was for a while. Praline is essentially nuts covered in caramelized sugar. In this case the praline was made with pecans and brown sugar. The praline was easy to make and it tasted great. I look forward to making it again.
Sweet Potato Bread
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 eggs (room temperature)
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 cups sweet potato (oven roasted until caramelized and mashed)
1/2 cup pecans (chopped)
1. Mix the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
2. Cream the butter and brown sugar in another bowl.
3. Stir the honey, eggs, buttermilk and sweet potato into the butter and sugar.
4. Stir the sweet potato mixture into the flour mixture.
5. Stir in the pecans.
6. Pour the batter into a 9x5 inch greased loaf pan.
7. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until a tooth pick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
8. Pour the praline sauce on and and let cool.
3/4 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup pecans (roasted and chopped)
1 cups powered sugar
2 tablespoons water
1. Cook the butter and brown sugar in a sauce pan until caramelized, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the pecans.
3. Pour the mixture into a bowl and let cool.
4. Mix the powdered sugar into the water.
5. Break up the praline mixture.
6. Mix the praline and sugar water together.
Curried Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Strawberry Sour Cream Bread
Chocolate Chip and Sour Cream Banana Bread
Sweet Potato Casserole
Baked Sweet Potato Oatmeal with Pecan Streusel
Sweet Potato Pecan Pie
Pumpkin Bread with Dried Cranberries, Toasted Pecans and White Chocolate Chips