This is a really tasty warm mushroom salad. I first had it when my sister was hosting a family dinner. I liked it so much that I got the recipe from her right away. I really like everything in this salad. You cannot go wrong with mushrooms and onions sauteed in butter with sun dried tomatoes and goat cheese. The balsamic vinegar and sun dried tomato oil act like a dressing and coat the rest of the salad with flavour. I like the fact that this salad is served warm and that the goat cheese just starts to melt getting nice and creamy. You can use whatever mushrooms that you want. I enjoy and can almost always find cremini and shiitake mushrooms. The warm mushroom mix also goes well on crostini as an appetizer.
3 tablespoons butter
1 8 ounce package mushrooms (sliced)
1 5 ounce package shiitake mushrooms (sliced)
1 red onion (sliced)
1 5 ounce jar oil packed sun dried tomatoes (drained and chopped)
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon oil (from sun dried tomatoes)
1 package spring mix salad greens
1 package crumbled goat cheese
1. Melt the butter in a pan.
2. Add the mushrooms and onion and saute until the mushrooms are golden brown and slightly caramelized, about 5-10 minutes.
3. Add the sun dried tomatoes, vinegar and oil.
4. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
5. Pour the mushroom salad onto the lettuce and top with the goat cheese and serve warm.
Teriyaki Mushroom Salad
Shiitake Mushroom and Blue Cheese Crostini
Wild Mushrooms Sauteed in Butter, Sherry and Lemon
Warm Mushroom and Wild Rice Salad with Roasted Asparagus and Feta