Not too long ago Peter posted about a meze (a Greek appetizer) of marinated feta with olives that looked really good. Since I was having so many other Greek flavoured dishes this week I though what better time to try it. I went to Greek town and found some nice imported Greek feta and black olives (along with some baklava). This dish was super easy to put together, though, since I roasted my own red pepper it took a bit longer. It tasted great! The flavours all came together really nicely. Even though the feta and the olives were great, I felt that the roasted red pepper stole the show. The sweetness of the roasted red pepper went really well with the balsamic vinegar. The sweet and balsamicy roasted red pepper then went really well with the salty feta and olives. I will definitely be making this again.
Marinated Feta with Olives and Roasted Red Pepper
- 1 pound of feta (cut into bite sized cubes)
- 1/2 cup black olives (pitted)
- 1/2 cup green olives (pitted)
- 1 roasted red pepper (sliced)
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- pepper to taste
- squeeze of lemon juice
- Mix everything and let marinate in the fridge for up to 5 hours.