Shrimp is easily one of my favorite foods. They are so good all by themselves but it is also really easy to add a ton of flavour to them. I bookmarked this recipe for chipotle and orange marinated shrimp while ago when I saw it on the food network. I really like the sound of the smoky and spicy chipotle with orange marinade. I was cleaning out my fridge when I found some leftover chipotles in adobo sauce and I knew that I was going to use them to make this dish. They were super simple to make, just marinate the prawns and grill/fry for a few minutes. They were really tasty!
Orange Chipotle Shrimp
- 1 pound shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 orange juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon chipotles chilies in abode sauce (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate the shrimp in the orange juice and zest, chipotles, oil and cilantro for 15+ minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade and season with salt and pepper.
- Skewer the shrimp and grill or fry in a pan for 1-3 minutes per side.