The other day I came across some fresh poblano peppers which I had been looking for for a while. I immediately picked some up and I remembered seeing this recipe for roasted cauliflower and poblano soup which sounded really good. It turned out to be well timed as it has gotten cooler and a warm soup would be perfect. The recipe was pretty similar to the roasted cauliflower and red pepper soup that I had made a while ago and really enjoyed. I roasted the poblano peppers in the same way that I roast red peppers . The roasted poblano peppers were really nice. Unlike the roasted red peppers that are sweet the roasted poblano pepper were not sweet and had a bit of heat to them, but not too much. The soup turned out really good. It was nice and simple to make and roasting the vegetables first made the soup really tasty. I garnished the roasted cauliflower and poblano soup with some chopped cilantro and goat cheese.
Roasted Cauliflower and Poblano Pepper Soup
- 1 head cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 roasted poblano chilli
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (chopped, optional)
- 1 tablespoon goat cheese (crumbled, optional)
- Toss the cauliflower florets in the olive oil with the salt and pepper.
- Arrange the cauliflower florets in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Roast the cauliflower in a preheated 400F/200C oven until lightly golden brown, about 20-30 minutes.
- Bring the broth, cauliflower and poblano pepper to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the cauliflower is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Puree with a hand blender.
- Mix in the heavy cream.
- Serve garnished with goat cheese and cilantro or dukkah.