Shrimp is one of my favorite foods and I am always looking for new ways to try it. I have been seeing recipes shrimp scampi for a while and I had been wanting to try it. Shrimp scampi is simply shrimp cooked in butter and garlic with a bit of lemon and white wine. I don't think you can go wrong with prawns, butter and garlic. I figured if I was going to cook the shrimp in a butter and garlic sauce that I would make a lot of the sauce, enough to smother the shrimp and pasta with some left over to soak up with bread. The shrimp scampi was really easy to make and it came together in no time. The shrimp were juicy and succulent and the butter and garlic sauce was really tasty. The touch of heat from chili was nice and the lemon and parsley made everything seem a little lighter and fresher. I will definitely be making this again!
Succulent sauteed shrimp in a buttery lemon and white wine sauce that is surprisingly quick and easy to make.
Servings: makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound linguine, cooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch red chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Start cooking the pasta as directed on package.
- Heat the oil and melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the red chili pepper flakes and garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp and saute until cooked, about 1-3 minutes per side.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan.
- Add the wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil.
- Simmer the liquid until reduced by about half, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the butter, wait for it to melt and turn off the heat.
- Add the shrimp, pasta and parsley and toss to coat.