I recently came across a post about chicken papaya wraps that looked really good. I liked the sound of the papaya and avocado salsa which sounded a lot like guacamole with papaya to me. Avocados are something that I had been wanting to try using more often and this was the perfect chance. I had some mangoes on hand and I though that a mango guacamole would be tasty. I seasoned the chicken with some freshly ground chipotle chili powder to give it some heat and flavour. The wraps were as easy to put together as blending the guacamole and grilling the chicken. The mango guacamole was a nice combination of cool and creamy with a touch of heat. I really enjoyed it. I also tried the grilled chicken and mango guacamole in sandwich form and it was just as tasty though a bit messier. I look forward to trying the papaya guacamole version.
Chicken and Mango Guacamole Wrap
- 1 chipotle grilled chicken breast (see below)
- 2 tablespoons mango guacamole (see below)
- 1 tortilla
- Assemble and enjoy!
- 1 mango (peeled and stoned)
- 1 avocado (peeled and stoned)
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 lime (juice)
- 1 handful cilantro (chopped)
- salt to taste
- Mix everything in a food processor.
Chipotle Grilled Chicken
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 chicken breast
- chipotle powder to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the grill or heat the oil in a pan.
- Season the chicken with the chipotle powder, salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken or saute it in the pan until golden brown.