I got a few too many strawberries and I needed to use them. I was thinking that a white fish with a strawberry salsa would be nice. At first I was going to go with a more standard salsa with jalapeno, cumin and cilantro but then I thought that balsamic vinegar goes well with strawberries. I ended up with a strawberry and balsamic vinegar salsa to go with the fish which turned out to be cod. There is still a lot of fresh local asparagus so I finished the meal off with some of that. Nothing says Spring like asparagus and strawberries! It turned out to be a really nice light and fresh lunch.
Cod with Strawberry Salsa
- 1 fillet cod (or any white fish)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon mint (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup strawberries (trimmed and chopped)
- Season the cod with salt and pepper.
- Broil the cod until cooked and flaky, about 6-9 minutes.
- Mix the mint, lime juice, balsamic vinegar, honey and black pepper.
- Toss with the strawberries with the dressing to coat.
- Serve the cod with the strawberry salsa.