Peaches are in season and I have been enjoying snacking on them. I was thinking that a peach bread would make for a nice breakfast this week. I was envisioning a bread with nice large chunks of peaches in it. I had really enjoyed the blueberry maple oatmeal muffins with pecan streusel and I thought that the recipe would make for a nice bread. I pretty much just took the blueberry muffin recipe and replaced the blueberries with peaches and made it in a loaf pan instead of a muffin pan. The peach bread turned out really well. It was nice and light and moist and full of peach goodness. I tried serving the peach bread with a maple peach sauce.
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
1 over ripe banana (mashed)
1/4 cup butter (melted)
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 cup flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup peaches (stoned, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces)
1/4 cup pecans
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
2 tablespoon unsalted butter
1. Mix the brown sugar, maple syrup, yogurt, banana, butter, egg and rolled oats in a bowl and let it sit for 10 minutes.
2. Mix the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
3. Mix the wet and dry ingredients along with the peaches until just mixed.
4. Spoon the mixture into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
5. Mix the pecans, flour, cinnamon, brown sugar and butter until they form crumbs.
6. Spoon the streusel over the bread.
7. Bake in a preheated 375F oven until a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
Blueberry Maple Oatmeal Muffins with Pecan Streusel
Strawberry Sour Cream Bread
Peach and Maple Sour Cream Pecan Pie
Medjool Date and Walnut Bread
Apricot and Ginger Muffins
Peach Amaretti Crumble
Strawberry Greek Yogurt Banana Bread