Side dishes are not as exciting as main dishes or as glamorous as deserts but you have them all the time. I like to take the time to post about side dishes as it is always good to have a nice collection of them to quickly add to any meal. Side dishes are a great way to work green vegetables into your diet and I am always on the lookout for new ways to enjoy green vegetables. Swiss chard is a green vegetable that I have been wanting to use more of and there is an easy and tasty way to prepare that never fails. You simply saute The Swiss chard with some onions and garlic until it just wilts and you have a tasty and healthy green vegetable side dish that goes with almost any meal.
Sauteed Swiss Chard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 bunch Swiss chard (chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the red pepper flakes, garlic and onion and saute until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the Swiss chard and saute until just wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper.