I still had enough dough from the Daring Bakers pizza dough recipe to make one more pizza. I had placed the extra dough in the freezer to save later and this weekend I pulled it out to use. I had been wanting to try making a dessert pizza and I thought that keeping it seasonal and using some apples would be a good idea. I really liked the idea of doing an apple pizza that made one think of an apple pie. This recipe is quite simple; you simply saute the apples in some butter and brown sugar along with some cinnamon, place it on the pizza dough and bake. I topped the pizza off with a bit of icing. Apple desserts are among my favorites and this apple pie pizza did not disappoint. Of course, any warm apple dessert goes really well with some melting vanilla ice cream on top!
Apple Pie Pizza
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pizza dough
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- * milk
- Melt the butter a pan.
- Add the apples, brown sugar and cinnamon and saute until apples are nice and caramelized.
- Spread the apple mixture over the pizza.
- Bake in a preheated 500F oven until golden brown, about 5-10 minutes.
- Mix some milk into the icing sugar to make a glaze and drizzle it over the pizza.