I like curries of all sorts and I am constantly looking for new ways to enjoy curry. A while ago I came across a recipe for curried honey dijon roasted chicken that sounded good. It is basically a recipe for honey and dijon chicken with some curry. I had been wanting to try honey dijon chicken as well and I thought that the idea of that amazing curry aroma and flavour could only make it better. I was sold and it quickly made it to my meal plan. Though I liked the look of the sliced chicken breast with the golden brown outside and white inside I decided to go with chicken thighs with the skin and bone as they have more flavour. This chicken was really easy to make; you just have to mix the marinade and let it marinate and then roast it in the oven. Pretty much all of the hard work is in the waiting. The curried honey dijon roasted chicken turned out really nicely. The chicken was moist and tender and full of flavour. I really liked the combination of the curry, mustard and honey and they balanced out well. I garnished the chicken with some chopped cilantro and served it with some coconut butternut squash and sauteed chard with raisins and pine nuts.
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon curry powder
2 tablespoons soy sauce
cayenne pepper to taste (or some other form of heat)
pepper to taste
4 chicken thighs (with bone and skin)
1. Mix everything but the chicken in a bowl.
2. Add the chicken, cover and marinate in the fridge for at least an hour.
3. Place the chicken in a baking dish (reserving the marinade) and cover with foil.
4. Bake in a 375F oven for 20 minutes.
5. Remove the foil and brush on some of the marinade.
6. Bake uncovered until the juices run clear, about 20-30 minutes, brushing with the marinade periodically.
Maple and Mustard Glazed Chicken
Lemon Roasted Chicken
Maple and Chipotle Roasted Turkey
Corned Beef Glazed in Honey and Mustard Dinner with Cabbage
Maple Dijon Grilled Chicken
Maple-Miso Dijon Salmon
Honey Dijon Pretzel Chicken