It seems that I may be a little addicted to hot cheesy dips. Last week I made a hot sweet onion dip and while I was looking for recipes for it I came across some recipes for hot spinach and artichoke dip. This new dip filled with cheese, cream cheese and mayonnaise sounded so good that I had to try it right away. But, with both spinach and artichokes in it, it is just a little bit healthier. ;) One of the things that I liked about this recipe was that I would get to use artichokes again and I had been looking forward to doing so. The last time I used fresh artichokes and this time I got to try canned ones. This dip is super easy to make; you just mix all of the ingredients and bake until bubbling and golden brown on top. The spinach and artichoke dip was amazing! It was warm and cheesy and full of flavour! The big chunks of artichokes were nice and went well with the spinach in the dip. The chili sauce that I added left a nice after taste of heat that I enjoyed. I served the dip with some whole grain crackers.
Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
This hot spinach and artichoke dip is an amazing appetizer that will disappear quickly and leave you craving for more!
Servings: makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon chili sauce (optional)
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1/4 cup mozzarella, shredded
- Mix everything and pour it into a baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until the sides are bubbling and the cheese cheese has melted and turned golden brown on top, about 20-30 minutes.
Roasted Cauliflower and Aged White Cheddar Dip
French Onion Soup Dip
Hot Cheesy Roasted Brussels Sprout Dip