To complete my steak in green peppercorn sauce meal I needed only one more thing, something green. I like to try to include green vegetables in my meals whenever possible. Green beans are still readily available at the farmers market and I wanted to do something with them. I remembered seeing a recipe for green beans in parmesan and sage breadcrumbs that sounded nice. I did not have the sage on hand so I decided to use the thyme that I did have. The green beans in parmesan bread crumbs were really easy to make and took very little effort. The toasted parmesan bread crumbs were really tasty and provided a nice crunchy texture to the green beans.
Green Beans with Parmesan Bread Crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon thyme (chopped, or sage)
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (grated)
- 1 pound green beans (trimmed, steamed)
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add garlic and thyme and saute until fragrant, about one minute.
- Add the breadcrumbs and parmigiano reggiano and saute until golden brown and toasted.
- Remove from heat and toss with the steamed green beans.