No holiday turkey dinner is complete without some homemade cranberry sauce and since it is so easy to make at home you really have no excuse not to! Although a basic cranberry sauce is amazing all by itself, you can change things up every once in a while by adding various flavoura and this time I went with a Mexican inspired flavour theme with spicy jalapeno peppers, lime and a hit of tequila. The heat provided by the jalapeno peppers goes well in the sweet and tart cranberry sauce making it little like a salsa and the lime juice really brightens it up!
Tequila and Lime Jalapeno Cranberry Sauce
A quick and easy homemade cranberry sauce made with fresh cranberries with some jalapeno heat and a hit of limee and tequila.
Servings: makes 2 cups
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 cups (1 12 ounce bag) cranberries
- 1 cup water or orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- Bring the cranberries, water, sugar and jalapeno to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the cranberries burst and the the sauce starts to thicken, about 10-15 minutes.
- Mix in the lime juice and tequila and remove from heat.
Gingered Cranberry Sauce
Maple Cranberry Sauce
Cranberry Sauce with Pinot Noir