I have been tying to clear some space in my freezer lately and I came across some marinara sauce that I had made a while ago. It is always nice to have some marinara sauce on hand and it freezes well so I tend to always have some in the freezer. Going through my bookmarks I came across a tasty looking recipe for baked zucchini sticks on For the Love of Cooking that sounded like a tasty way to enjoy the marinara sauce. I liked this recipe because it used courgettes and because they were baked or roasted rather than fried. These baked parmesan crusted zucchini sticks were easy to make and turned out great. They were golden brown and crunchy on the outside and nicely roasted on the inside. The zucchini sticks were tasty by themselves but they were even better when dipped in the marinara sauce.
Parmesan Crusted Baked Zucchini Sticks with Marinara Sauce
A healthy snack of baked zucchini sticks with a crispy cheesy coating. Serve with your favourite marinara sauce for dipping.
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs (gluten free for gluten free)
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pound zucchini, sliced into sticks and patted dry
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Mix the bread crumbs, parmigiano reggiano and oregano in a bowl.
- Season the zucchini with salt and pepper.
- Dip the zucchini in the egg and then dredge in the bread crumb mixture.
- Place the zucchini on a baking sheet in a single layer with the skin side down.
- Bake in a preheated 425F/220C oven until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
Crispy Baked Portobello Mushroom Fries
Crispy Baked Eggplant Fries with Marinara Dipping Sauce (aka Eggplant Parmesan Fries!)
Crispy Baked Onion Rings
Beer Battered Crispy Baked Pickle Fries
Crispy Baked Asparagus Fries
Crispy Baked Avocado Fries
Crispy Baked BBQ Onion Rings
Crispy Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Fries
Mexican Street Corn Style Grilled Zucchini