Last week the food blogging sphere was filled with some amazing looking blueberry coffeecakes which was perfect timing as I had recently found some blueberries in my freezer. I decided to go with this recipe as it is one of my favorites for baked goods like this. I like that it uses lots of good stuff like whole wheat flour and rolled oats. I even used whole wheat flour in to make the crumb topping. The banana and yogurt keep the coffeecake nice and moist while also cutting down on the amount of butter required. Maple goes really well with blueberries and it finished this coffeecake off perfectly. I added even more maple flavour by using maple sugar in the crumb topping instead of regular sugar. The maple blueberry crumb coffeecake turned out amazing! It was nice and light and moist and full of maple and blueberry flavour. Now I am looking forward to eating this coffeecake for breakfasts all week.
Blueberry Crumb Coffeecake(makes 9+ servings)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
1 over ripe banana (mashed)
1/4 cup butter (melted)
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 cup flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup pecans (chopped)
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup maple sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
1. Mix the brown sugar, maple syrup, yogurt, banana, butter, egg and rolled oats in a bowl and let it sit for 10 minutes.
2. Mix the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
3. Mix the wet and dry ingredients along with the blueberries until just mixed.
4. Pour the mixture into a greased 8 inch square baking pan.
5. Mix the pecans, flour, sugar, butter and cinnamon until they form crumbs.
6. Spread the streusel over the mixture.
7. Bake in a preheated 375F oven until a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
Blueberry Maple Oatmeal Muffins with Pecan Streusel
Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes
Blueberry Crumb Bars with Lemon Cream Filling
Blueberry Maple Oatmeal Smoothie
Sour Cream Pumpkin Coffee Cake
Blueberry Maple Pecan Cinnamon Buns
Other Maple Recipes