I had been coming across this recipe for jalapeno popper dip on sites like Big Red Kitchen for a while and I had just been itching to try it. I really like jalapeno poppers and this dip has all of the elements that make jalapeno poppers so good, from the jalapenos to the cream cheese and cheddar cheese to the crunchy bread crumb crust. With the temex kick that I have been on lately it was the perfect time to try this dip out. The jalapeno popper dip was easy to make and the results were great! I increased the amount of jalapenos and added some fresh jalapenos for even more jalapeno flavour and heat. The dip was nice and warm and gooey and oh so tasty! I really enjoyed the spicy cheesy dip and its crunchy topping and I will definitely be making it again. I served the jalapeno popper dip with lime tortilla chips for dipping.
Jalapeno Popper Dip
A hot cheesy dip inspired by the flavours of jalapeno peppers with a crunchy panko bread crumb topping.
Servings: makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced jalapenos (pickled), drained
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- Mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, parmigiano reggiano and jalapenos in a bowl and pour into a baking dish.
- Mix the panko bread crumbs and parmigiano reggiano and sprinkle over the dip.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until the sides are bubbling and the cheese cheese has melted and turned golden brown on top, about 20 minutes.
Tip: Add crumbled bacon for the bacon wrapped jalapeno popper version!
Tasty Tailgate Party Recipes