I had been seeing a few lemon yogurt cakes around that looked good and I was thinking that the rest of my meyer lemons would go well in one. Recently I have been trying to clear some space in my freezer and I came across some blueberries that I had frozen in the summer. I really like the lemon and blueberry flavour combo and I could not resist adding the blueberries to the lemon yogurt cake. With he cake down the only thing that was left was the topping. I was thinking about going with a simple lemon glaze when I came across a bookmark for a lemon blueberry cake with a limoncello glaze on Dragon's Kitchen that sounded great! The lemon yogurt cake with blueberries was really easy to make, though it took a bit longer than I expected. (I think that was because I used still frozen blueberries.) The toothpick test worked and the cake came out perfectly baked even though it took a little longer. The cake was nice and light fluffy and moist and infused with blueberry and lemony goodness! The limoncello added a really nice zing to the lemon glaze that finished the cake off nicely. I think that I will be having this cake for breakfasts for the rest of the week and I am certainly looking forward to them.
Lemon Yogurt Cake with Blueberries(makes 6+ servings)
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 cup yogurt
1 cup white sugar
3 large eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup blueberries
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon limoncello (or more lemon juice)
lemon zest to garnish
1. Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
2. Mix the lemon zest, yogurt, sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla extract in another bowl.
3. Mix the wet and dry ingredients.
4. Mix in the blueberries.
5. Pour the batter into a greased 9 inch by 5 inch loaf pan.
6. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean, about an hour.
7. Mix the confectioners sugar, lemon juice and limoncello and pour over the cake after it has cooled.
Blueberry Coffee Cake
Blueberry Maple Oatmeal Muffins with Pecan Streusel
Raspberry and Lime Muffins
Blueberry Mochi Cake