While I was searching for new maple recipes I came across this one for maple dill carrots on all recipes . Strangely enough the original recipe did not use any maple in it at all. I liked the sound of the dish and decided to make it anyways, only using actual maple syrup. In this recipe you blanch the carrots and then saute them in butter and maple syrup reducing the maple syrup until it is a sticky glazed that coats the carrots. You will want to watch the cooking time as you want the carrots to be nice and tender and not mushy. The maple glazed carrots with dill turned out really well. The sweetness of the maple complimented and brought out the natural sweetness of the carrots and the dill worked surprisingly well in this sweet dish. It was certainly a nice side in the maple and mustard glazed chicken dinner.
Maple Glazed Carrots with Dill
- 2 cups carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dill (chopped)
- Blanch the carrots and rinse them under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Melt he butter in a pan.
- Add the carrots and maple syrup and reduce the sauce, being careful to not over cook the carrots.
- Remove from heat and stir in the dill.