While I was looking for rhubarb recipes I came a cross a really interesting one for a rhubarb sour cream pie . I had never had a pie that used sour cream as its base filling but it sounded nice and I wanted to try it. I also liked the fact that the pie had a crumb topping as you can never go wrong with crumbs! This rhubarb sour cream pie was really easy to make and the results are certainly worth it! The sour cream filling was nice and sweet and oh so creamy and good! The sweetness of the creamy pie filling was interupted by pockets of tart rhubarb which ended up balancing out nicely. The buttery pie crust added a nice light, crispy and flaky texture which also went well with the creamy filling. I have a feeling that I will be making this wonderfully creamy sour cream rhubarb pie at least once each year while the rhubarb is in season!
Rhubarb Sour Cream Pie
- 1 pie crust
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream (feel free to use a low fat one)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups rhubarb (cut into 1/2 inch slices)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- Mix the egg, sugar, sour cream and 1/3 cup of flour until smooth.
- Mix in the rhubarb.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Mix the flour, brown sugar and butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumbs over the pie.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until the edges have puffed, about 45-60 minutes.