With summer here I thought that it was the perfect time to pull out one of my favourite summer recipes, this creamy dilled cucumber salad! This salad could not be easier, it's pretty much just slice up some cucumber and onions and toss them in a creamy mixture of yogurt (or sour cream or mayo), lemon juice and garlic and you're good to go! In addition to being super easy to make you really can't go wrong with a cool and juicy cucumber salad on hot summer days! The cucumbers are just bursting with juices and this creamy dilled cucumber salad is sure to keep you nice and cool and hydrated this summer, especially when served chilled from the fridge!
Creamy Cucumber Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 10 minutes Servings: 4
A cool and creamy cucumber and dill salad that is perfect for hot summer days!
- 2 large cucumbers, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt (or sour cream or mayo or combination)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest (or 1/4 cup white vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic, grated (optional)
- Mix everything and enjoy!
Option: Let the salad chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to let the flavours mingle.Option: Add a teaspoon or so of sugar or honey for a hint of sweetness!.